The Nanaimo-Ladysmith School District is looking for a passionate leader to join our Facilities team as Energy Manager
You are the chief ambassador for and educator of sustainable energy practices throughout our district. Responsible for the energy management portfolio, your work includes strategy development, education and awareness, project planning, project execution and energy assessment. In addition to energy management, you also manage daily operations with respect to execution of assigned capital projects within the district.
Your experience in a technical management role coupled with your experience in business and/or project management (preferably within the construction industry) makes you an ideal candidate for this role.
- Your ability to build strong relationships with people at all levels of an organization is a strength you leverage to create successful business results.
- Grounded in a people-based approach to leadership, you advise and mentor those you work with in efforts to build an extraordinary high-performing team of talent.
- While you may have expertise in a given trade or discipline, you have a working knowledge of all facilities systems (civil, structural, electrical, mechanical and environmental).
- Additional experience with respect to energy initiatives and an in-depth knowledge of HVAC and DDC systems is a strong asset.
- You have at least five years of related experience.
You possess the equivalent combination of skills, education and related industry experience to meet the responsibilities of the role; Education may be obtained in but are not limited to the following certifications:
- Technologist certification
- Certified Journeyman Electrician/Technician
- Eligible member of BC Association of Applied Science Technologist and Technicians
- Certified Energy Manager (or similar certification/qualification) is an asset
- Post-secondary coursework in business management and/or operations management is an asset
An approved BC Hydro Power Smart Partner, the Nanaimo Ladysmith School District is a proud member of the Energy Manager Program and is one of the largest school districts in the province with over 40 facilities, 2200 employees and 14,000 students. Offering a balance of urban, nature and island-life, Nanaimo is located on central Vancouver Island with easy access to the rest of the island the Lower Mainland.
How to apply
Please note to submit your application to the actual job posting you must click onto the job posting, then click the “APPLY” button.
for more information including the job description, please visit https://www.sd68.bc.ca/careers/
Only those candidates that are shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
If you have questions or require assistance with this application
process, please contact the Customer Care department at MakeAFuture at 1
866 806 6851 or email@example.com