School District No. 43 (Coquitlam)
Invites applications for the position of:
IS Service Desk Technologist
(Permanent Full Time – 40 hours a week)
Coquitlam School District invites applications from individuals for the position of IS Service Desk Technologist. As the third largest school district in the province we are located within a 40-minute drive from downtown Vancouver. The school district has a population of 32,000 students with approximately 4300 teaching, administrative, managerial and support staff.
Working under the direction of the ICT Team Leader or Supervisor, the IS Service Desk Technologist provides technical services to users of information technology and administers related processes. The IS Service Desk Technologist also provides system operation services involving the administration of and communication for IS service requests, computer accounts, electronic mailboxes, access security, and resource monitoring.
- Provides help desk services - first level response problem solving and technical support guidance
- Produces IS service desk reports including statistics, charts and demographic data
- Advises and assists information technology users using a variety of contact methods and tools.
- Provides system operation services inducing the creation, modification, notification, deletion of service requests, computer accounts and electronic mailboxes and distribution lists and administers security parameters and user access profiles for various information systems
- Assists with the operation, maintenance and verification of network and distribution systems as per district standards as well with the maintenance of web content and the district portal site
- Receives, administers, qualifies, opens, closes, routes, notifies, and follows up IS service request for information system services.
- Monitors various system resources, event logs, system and network health indicators, and generate trouble tickets for technical support staff as required.
- Collects, compiles, formats, shares, and analyzes data and reports as required
- Liaises with school administrators, site contacts and outside agencies
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- A two-year diploma in computer systems management from an accredited college plus one year of directly related recent experience or
- Two years of directly related recent information technology experience including Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification (note, that MCSE certification must be current or no older than one previous certification version or if older versions, the successful applicant much obtain current certification within six months - entry level qualifications only – not required to maintain ongoing MCSE certification)
Applicants are advised they must successfully complete a criminal record check prior to hiring.
This is a unionized position which offers an attractive benefit package which includes, MSP, Life Insurance, Extended Health, Dental, Pension (MPP) and a long-term disability plan.
Currently salary - $32.14 per hour – 40 hours a week – Monday to Friday.
To apply, (by Friday, August 7, 2020 at 4:00pm) please click on the following link and create a user account/profile. https://ejp.sd43.bc.ca/postings/Account/Login
Once you have completed your profile you will have access to the job postings.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
We appreciate your interest but regret that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.