PLEASE NOTE: This is an ongoing posting. Ongoing postings are not indicative of an immediate vacancy. This allows you to apply to this specific posting for future consideration.
Applicants must have:
completed Grade 12;
B.C. or Interprovincial Journeyman Carpenter Ticket;
demonstrated training and work experience in current BC construction/maintenance safety requirements and WCB Regulation relating to the trade and industry;
valid B.C. Drivers License.
Applicants must be:
able to work with minimum supervision;
able to work alone and within a team environment;
able to climb ladders and work at heights.
Applicants will be expected to:
- have knowledge of current construction safety practices;
- possess the physical condition and health to carry out the required duties of this position in a safe and efficient manner;
- maintain good interpersonal skills;
- have good verbal and written communication skills.
The following would be considered an asset:
- two (2) years experience at a journeyman level in maintenance/construction practices and procedures in a commercial environment;
- Fall Protection Certificate/training;
- Scaffold Erection Certificate/training;
- First Aid Level 2 Certificate.