School District No. 57 (Prince George) invites applications for the positions of Principal and Vice-Principal:
Located in British Columbia’s interior region, School District No. 57, www.sd57.bc.ca, serves approximately 13,000 students in the communities and surrounding areas of Prince George, Mackenzie, McBride and Valemount. Opportunities are as vast as the surrounding beauty. The region enjoys stunning geography, affordable housing, outstanding recreational facilities, a vibrant arts scene, complete range of urban services, including a regional teaching hospital and an international airport. Over the course of a year, the temperature typically varies from 23°C to -13°C. Prince George is a multi-cultural city and a post-secondary educational destination with the University of Northern British Columbia and the College of New Caledonia located within the city.
School District No. 57 (Prince George) acknowledges that it is situated on the traditional territory of the Lheidli T’enneh people in Prince George and McBride, the McLeod Lake Indian Band in the Mackenzie region, as well as the Simpcw First Nation in Valemount.
School District No. 57 offers regular English programming, Kindergarten to Grade 12, as well as French Immersion, Montessori and Traditional choice school options. The Centre for Learning Alternatives further supports student achievement.
Successful candidates will be a collaborative educator who possesses exemplary interpersonal skills, a record of improving measurable student success, and a strong work ethic.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Master’s degree in education or a related area
- Must hold or be eligible to hold teaching certification in the Province of British Columbia
Record of exemplary teaching at a variety of grade levels and in at least two locations
- District-wide leadership as a teacher and/or administrator
- Record of effective instructional leadership, including a commitment to diversity of programming and equitable opportunities for all students
- Demonstrated ability to improve measurable student success within a context of implementing District strategic planning goals and directions
- Holds self and others accountable
- Values and promotes parent, community and wider stakeholder engagement
- Comfort with de-centralized fiscal management
- Pro-active entrepreneurial approach
- Demonstrates a high degree of both personal and professional integrity: is honest, open, transparent, trustworthy and ethical
- Positive role model, leads by example
- Respectful, compassionate and caring
- Strong work ethic with commitment to continuous improvement
- Problem-solving mindset
Interpersonal Working Relationships
- Team builder: listens, has humility, is approachable, open to change for improvement.
- Demonstrates cultural competence: Ability to work effectively with and advantage diverse groups including Aboriginal and English Language Learners.
- Record of contributing positively to healthy working relationships as a team player
- History of positive family and wider school community stakeholder relationships
- A creator of hope
For more information, visit our school district website http://www.sd57.bc.ca or contact Tom Paterson, Director of Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply, through www.makeafuture.ca Attn: Superintendent Marilyn Marquis-Forster
This posting closes on Friday April 7, 2017 at 12:00 noon.
Your application is to include:
- Five professional references complete with contact information, two of which must be from an immediate supervisor
- A one page narrative outlining your philosophy of teaching and learning
- A 1000 word case study documenting an example of your educational leadership
School District No. 57 reserves the right not to consider incomplete applications.
School District No. 57 thanks all those who submit applications, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.