Applications are invited from experienced educational leaders for the position of Assistant Superintendent of Schools for School District No. 85 (Vancouver Island North). This senior leadership position has become available due to the recent appointment of the incumbent as Superintendent of Schools.
School District No. 85 is located on the northern end of Vancouver Island within the traditional territories of the Kwakwaka'wakw. SD85 has schools located in Port Hardy, Port McNeill, and several smaller communities. The district serves the educational needs of 1225 students, including 600 Indigenous and Métis students, in 10 schools.
The successful candidate reports to the Superintendent of Schools and will have:
- a high level of integrity and strength of character;
- demonstrated success working with Indigenous learners and communities;
- a proven record of leadership in the area of educational innovation and change;
- a focus on improving student achievement;
- a record of sound fiscal management in support of student learning;
- a good understanding of student services;
- excellent interpersonal and team building skills;
- effective personnel practices;
- successful teaching and administrative experience at various levels;
- a record of ethical and effective decision making that supports student learning; and
- a demonstrated ability to establish and implement strategic directions.
Applicants must also possess a relevant post-graduate degree and eligibility for certification with the BC Teacher Regulation Branch. The start date for this position is August 1, 2021.
Applications should include a resume with a cover letter, a personal statement of educational philosophy, details of educational and work experience, 3 professional references and supporting documentation. For further information or to apply to this posting please contact or send your information to:
Ms. Andrea Patterson, Executive Assistant to the Superintendent of Schools
School District No. 85 (Vancouver Island North) P. O. Box 90, Port Hardy, B. C. V0N 2P0
Telephone: 250 949-6618 (ext. 2235)
Deadline for applications: Thursday, June 24, 2021 at Noon (12:00 p.m.).