T2021-054- DISTRICT DEAF AND HARD OF HEARING RESOURCE TEACHER- 0.60 FTE
The Burnaby School District is an urban district with 53 schools and sites, 24,500 students and staff of 4,000. We currently have a dynamic group of Deaf and Hard of Hearing Resource Teachers who work collaboratively with classroom teachers and school teams to support students and provide them with the best possible learning experience. We offer mentoring and collaboration with experienced team members.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor or Education degree or academic equivalent
- Master’s degree or diploma in the education of the deaf and hard of hearing or certification by the Canadian Association of Educators of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (CAEDHH)
- Previous classroom teaching experience and hold or be eligible for a current valid B.C. Teaching Certificate
- Expertise in provision of alternate format instructional materials and specialized equipment, together with knowledge of technology and its application for of Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- A valid driver’s license.
Job Specific Details:
This ongoing 0.60 FTE position is effective September 01, 2021.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, professional credentials, and 3 current references to makeafuture.ca
The Burnaby School District embraces diversity as a privilege and a strength. We strive for accepting, safe, supportive, and inviting communities where the goal is for all members to feel a sense of belonging. Our (schools or worksites) are for everyone and we respect each person’s contributions.