Library Technician - Casual On-Call
Recognized for its dedication to inclusion, diversity, and strong partnerships with the community, the Richmond School District is among one of the largest districts in British Columbia with some of the highest graduation rates in the province. With a deep history of high quality experiences for students, the Richmond School District strives to provide the best education and future for every student.
The Richmond School District is looking for Casual on-call Library Technicians to provide library services to students and staff. Services include: circulation and cataloguing of materials using a web-based automated system, helping to access reference materials and district databases, shelving and shelf-reading print materials, collecting monies from fines, assisting the Teacher-Librarian with library displays, as well as performing clerical and other library-related duties under the direction of the Teacher-Librarian.
- A two-year Library Technician Diploma from a recognized institution.
- Ability to work independently as well as being part of a team.
- Physically able to push heavy trolleys and tubs of books.
- Ability to work collaboratively with students, teachers, support staff and administration.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
This position is in the bargaining unit, with an hourly rate of $26.15 plus 4% in lieu of benefits
For more information about Richmond School District 38, please visit www.makeafuture.ca/richmond or our website at www.sd38.bc.ca. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those being considered for interviews will be contacted.