A temporary part time (0.94) English Language Learner (ELL)/Special Education Resource Teacher/School Health Facilitator/Prep Teacher is required by School District No. 60 (Peace River North) effective September 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022. The assignment will be at Duncan Cran Elementary School.
Cran Elementary School is a K-6 school located in the City of Fort St
John. We have a population of 320 students. 30% of or students have Indigenous ancestry. Our school enjoys itinerant access to a range
of services. Our grade six students are part of a Curriculum With Technology (CWT) Program where each
student is assigned an I-Pad to support their learning. We are an APPLE School and proud to support the health and wellness of our school community through this initiative. See www.duncan.prn.bc.ca for more information.
Qualifications and Experience
- Valid BC Ministry of Education Teaching Certificate (or eligible for)
- Experience with adapting and modifying curriculum to meet the needs of students
- Will have training in Intercultural Education
- Experience writing Behavioral Intervention Plans (BIP's)
- Experience working with ELL students
- Must have experience doing and writing Functional Analysis of Behavior (FAB)
- Able to work with a dynamic school team and spear head behavioral support for students across all grades and curricula
- Needs to have experience working with other teachers in team
teaching and experience with direct instruction of emotional regulation
and self-regulation to at-risk students
- Must also have experience and the skill set to team teach and support complex classroom environments
- Commitment to working with colleagues on staff development activities linked to the School Improvement Plan
- Cognizant of the outcomes and evaluation processes outlined in the new curriculum
- Strong classroom management skills
- Computer literate and able to use a variety of applications for classroom instruction and required paperwork
- Degree in education, or health and recreation-related fields (preferred but not required)
- Well-connected in the community
- Minimum one-year experience in health promotion, education, physical activity, or nutrition.
- Experience working with K-12 children an asset.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and confidence to present to stakeholders .
- Strong leadership, organizational, and time-management skills (Seven Habits training preferred).
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team with diverse stakeholders.
- Works well with minimal supervision and demonstrates strong initiative.
- Ability to organize and facilitate effective meetings.
- Strong motivational, interpersonal, and negotiation skills.
Interested applicants are required to supply
- Three (3) references
- Verification of qualifications (BC Teacher Certificate)
- $2000 relocation allowance for teachers from BC, AB and Yukon and up to $4000 for teachers from other areas
- $2,622 recruitment allowance (paid over 10 months of the school year, based on the FTE)
- Salary as per collective agreement. Current salary grid is $50,623- $95,897
- Benefits as per collective agreement with option to enroll in medical, dental, extended health, and group life insurance. Benefits are employer paid based on FTE
For more information please contact:
Griff Peet Principal, Duncan Cran Elementary 250.787.0417 or email@example.com
All applications with relevant documentation must be made through
Make A Future for consideration for the position
About School District 60
School District 60 is noted for innovative educational practices and excellent cooperative relationships between all educational partners. Our district is made up of dedicated, energetic professionals for whom the achievement and well-being of their students is a first priority. Together we challenge, encourage and support all learners to be responsible for developing their abilities with respect for self, others and the environment.
School District 60 is progressive and growing. There are 23 schools with School District No. 60 (Peace River North). The district’s schools provide education services to approximately 6000 ethnically and demographically diverse students.
School District 60 is located on the eastern side of the Rocky Mountains in the northern tip of the Canadian Prairies in beautiful Fort St. John, BC. Fort St John is 478 km northeast of Prince George and 1,237 km north of Vancouver, situated near the border with neighbouring Alberta, 214 km west of Grande Prairie, Alberta. The region’s economy is prosperous and expanding. Fort St John is a city for all seasons and year-round playground for those who like pristine wilderness, an active lifestyle, cosmopolitan city life and the enthusiasm of an energetic community.
Why School District 60
- Professional development opportunities
- Supportive culture of teacher collaboration
- Curriculum and teacher supports
- French Immersion, music, & outdoor education programs
- Advanced technology facilities and resources
- Progressive and growing district
- Innovative educational practices
School District No. 60 (Fort St John)
10112 105 Avenue, Fort St John, BC V1J 4S4