TEACHERS TEACHING ON CALL – CASUAL ON CALL
Welcome to the Abbotsford School District
Located under an hour from Vancouver, the Abbotsford School District is settled in the heart of the beautiful Fraser Valley. Surrounded by spectacular mountain views and trails, Abbotsford offers some of most affordable real estate and rental prices in the Lower Mainland.
Every day, in every classroom and office throughout the Abbotsford School District, our employees provide a world-class, innovative educational experience for over 19,000 students. We believe that teachers continue to be drawn to the collaborative and supportive work environment that we provide. We have extensive professional development supports for new teachers, ranging from mentorship programs to leadership programs, and numerous career-pathing opportunities.
Working in public education is both challenging and rewarding, but at the Abbotsford School District we truly believe that every one of our employees has the opportunity to help children learn, grow and succeed.
Posting Deadline: Open until filled
Individuals must have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Education Degree, or equivalent training
- A valid BC Teacher Regulation Branch Certificate or in progress
Teacher Proficiencies: All teachers are expected to demonstrate proficiency in the following areas:
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills: Ability to consider and respond appropriately to the needs, feelings and capabilities of others in a tactful, compassionate and respectful manner.
- Organization & Planning: Ability to plan and organize for effective instruction, differentiation and assessment
- Classroom Management: Create and maintain an optimal learning environment for each student while managing student behavior and classroom dynamics.
- Facilitation & Engagement: Ability to capture and maintain students’ interest, effort, participation and enthusiasm for both the content and the process of learning
- Assessment & Coaching: Utilize balanced assessment and feedback to improve student learning including the use of formative and summative assessment strategies.
- Collaboration & Teamwork: Collaborate with others to achieve group goals and objectives
- Caring & Inclusiveness: Create and maintain an environment that is caring, inclusive and supportive of all students
- Flexibility & Adaptability: Demonstrate flexibility in our ability to adjust and adapt to changing circumstances
We wish to thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.