Confidential Secretary - Offices of the Asst. Superintendents
The Abbotsford School District is located on the traditional and unceded territory of the of the Stó:lō people, the Semá:th First Nation and Mathexwí First Nation. With this, we respect the longstanding relationships that Indigenous Nations have to this land, as they are the original caretakers.
Located under an hour from Vancouver, the Abbotsford School District is settled in the heart of the beautiful Fraser Valley and surrounded by spectacular mountain views.
Learn more about the Abbotsford community: https://tourismabbotsford.ca/ - www.thefraservalley.ca
Why the Abbotsford School District?
Every day, in every classroom and office at Abbotsford School District, our employees provide a world-class, innovative educational experience for over 19,000 students. We are committed to ensuring that every student receives the support they need to access the high-quality education they deserve.
- Review our Strategic Plan: https://www.abbyschools.ca/strategic-plan
- Read the Superintendent’s Blog:https://www.abbyschools.ca/blog
The Abbotsford School District is committed to a workplace that fosters creativity, inspires excellence, and challenges everyone to embrace growth. We are seeking an independent, self-motivated, and organized individual with exceptional interpersonal skills, judgement, and tact for the position of Confidential Secretary.
The Confidential Secretary provides administrative support to two Assistant Superintendents and interacts with staff, families, and the public on related matters. This position establishes, coordinates, and performs a diverse range of confidential administrative activities including:
- Coordinating the efficient operation of the office of the Assistant Superintendents
- Responding professionally to inquiries and issues from the public and staff
- Drafting and preparing a variety of written communications
- Scheduling appointments and meetings, completing conference registrations and making travel arrangements
- Supporting schools with the student registration process
- Conducting statistical analysis and preparing specialized reports
- Coordinating special events, meetings, and activities
- Providing administrative support and coordination for groups and committees
- Supporting projects and special initiatives including continuous improvement efforts
- Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by one year of post-secondary training in office administration
- Five years’ recent, related experience, preferably as a Confidential Secretary
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to identify and understand the sensitive and confidential nature of all types of situations and information, maintain confidentiality, and demonstrate sound judgement and tact
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective presentations, reports, and correspondence
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities
- Experience establishing and maintaining records management systems
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, SharePoint, Teams, and Outlook
How to Apply (Internal and External Applicants Welcome)
Qualified external applicants are requested to apply on www.makeafuture.ca and internal applicants may apply through the AMS portal, with a covering letter quoting competition number E21 OPS 007 REG and a detailed resume including the names of three references.
This posting closes on May 13, 2021 at 4:00 pm.
Individuals not currently employed by School District No. 34 (Abbotsford), are required to sign an "Authorization for Criminal Record Search" to permit a criminal record review. The interest of all applicants is appreciated; however, acknowledgements will only be made to those selected for interviews.