COMPETITION NO #29 - 155
There is a position available for a Carpenter at Facilities. Applications will be accepted online via the website on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. If you require assistance with the online process please contact Colleen Stewart 250-262-6008 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reporting to the Operation Manager, this position performs carpentry maintenance, repair, alteration and installation tasks including renovations and modifications.
Duties to be assigned include:
- Maintains and repairs buildings including renovations and modifications; reads blueprints and specifications, plans project layout, estimates material quantities etc.
- Repairs cabinets, shelving units, cupboards, furniture and a variety of office and school furnishings and equipment.
- Performs preventative maintenance and repair services throughout the district.
- Install, repair and replace baseboards, stair treads, drywall products and various types of floor coverings.
- Uses a variety of carpentry tools such as power and manual planes, saws, routers, shapers, drills etc. including tools related to floor-laying and lock smith trade work.
- Loads and unloads vehicles; transports materials and equipment as needed. Cleans, checks and confirms operational safety of vehicle.
- Follows proper safety rules and standards by ensuring the worksite is safe and secure, that equipment and vehicles are operated according to set standards.
- Maintains inventory of parts and materials.
- Ensure the safe handling of hazardous materials (WHMIS) and the safe use and operation of equipment and hand tools.
- Remains current with changing technology, codes and methods.
- Applies safe work practices at all times. Reports unsafe conditions.
- Performs other job related duties as directed by the Operations Manager.
Hours of Work: (8) hours per day (5) days per week
Duties to Commence: June 7, 2021
Work Year Base: Twelve (12) months per year
Commencing Salary: $33.16/hr.
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Interprovincial Red Seal Certified Carpenter
- 2 years experience in building repair and maintenance
- Class 5 driver's license
- Acceptable driver's abstract
- Ability to work independently and set priorities
- W.H.M.I.S. Certificate and other online safety training provided by the District to be completed within the probationary period
- Other applicable safety training and/or certifications as provided by the District to be completed as needed
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to be an integral part of a team
- Must be well organized
- Must be able to pass a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Records Search conducted by the District prior to starting employment
PLEASE NOTE: Proof of graduation and or highest level of education is required prior to commencing work
For more information, please contact:
Radu Grigoras - Maintenance Supervisor (250)263-6429 or email email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.