School District No. 83 (North Okanagan-Shuswap) is accepting applications for Certified Learning Resource Teachers.
In the North Okanagan-Shuswap School District, we serve just over 6300 students in 24 schools through a variety of sites located around Shuswap Lake and the North Okanagan. We are known for strong academic achievement, a thriving trades and careers program, and a rich culture of school athletics. The school district supports Indigenous learners from five distinct communities, which include the Adams Lake Band, the Little Shuswap Lake Band, the Neskonlith Band, the Splatsin First Nation, and the Salmon Arm Metis Association. A newly developed Strategic Plan prioritizes a “students first” focus on success, organizational efficiency, and a culture of health and wellness as our key goals.
With year-round recreational activities in a spectacular natural setting, we offer a small-town atmosphere with big city services. You’ll find musical and theatre performances, garden markets, wineries, and opportunities for world class boating, biking, hiking, and golf right outside your door. Add in quick access to larger centers and very affordable housing, and it is clear that the North Okanagan-Shuswap is a truly desirable place to live.
- Master’s degree or Diploma/Certificate in Special Education;
- Valid BC teaching certificate and current membership in the Teacher Regulation Branch;
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- strong interpersonal, conflict resolution and communication skills;
- experience in developing Individual Education Plans for students;
current knowledge and expertise with assistive technology;
- excellent classroom management skills;
- ability to build positive working relationships with students, parents and colleagues;
demonstrated ability to use a wide range of effective instructional strategies and assessment practices.
Knowledge and experience in working with an RTI approach to student supports.
Proven success, knowledge and skill in working with students who require significant social-emotional/self-regulation support;
- ability to schedule and direct Certified Education Assistants and Education Support Worker(s);
knowledge of the current instructional practices and the renewed curriculum.
- Qualifications and experience in Level B testing (Master’s psychometrics course) – or be willing to take the course.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time.
Please submit resume with full supporting documents using the Apply Online button below. If you are experiencing difficulties, please contact our HR Admin Assistant Rachel Baker @ 250-804-7841 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all those who apply, however, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
S.D. 83 - AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER