Data Entry/Dispatch Clerk - 12 months per year basis - 40 hrs/wk - Mon-Fri: 7:00am - 4:00pm
The qualified candidate will be required to join the CUPE Local 748 Union and have a Criminal Record Check (submitted by the Employer)
This position, reporting to the Manager of Operations or designate, provides support and dispatches for Operations. The incumbent will be expected to make and take phone calls, review and respond to multiple emails, and answer questions regarding Operations and SFE (the automatic dispatch system).
The incumbent will perform a variety of tasks, including data entry and data review using programs such as Webworks, Traversa and Excel. The incumbent will also do the electronic data entry as well as a variety of other Operations support tasks. Additionally, the incumbent will reconcile leave/replacement data, using either manual data entry or an interface program. The incumbent may also reconcile with Payroll and with Operations.
This is a new position.
An employee who, under the direction of Human Resource Services or
Supervisor, ensures replacement for applicable staff, processes leaves
of absences, performs data entry and other functions related to Human
Resource Services, Payroll, and Accounting. Trouble shoot/help desk for
questions and issues relating to absences and replacements including
the automated dispatch system.
1. Training in Payroll accounting with the completion of three (3)
core Accounting/Business Administration courses from an accredited
post-secondary organization or completion of the Payroll Compliance
Legislation, Payroll Fundamentals I and Introduction to Accounting from
the Canadian Payroll Association or completion of first (1st) year
studies in a CGA/CMA program or completion of a recognized Office
Administration program certificate from a post secondary institution or
equivalent business training institute. Two years of current
experience in a job-related position.
2. Dispatches applicable staff for absences either manually or using the automated dispatch system.
3. Ensures system data is accurate and current. Assists in
determining resolutions to problems due to hardware or software
malfunctions and supports users by responding to problems and queries
regarding the use of the system.
4. Runs and distributes reports as required and ensures information is accurate.
5. Reconciles absence and replacement information with Payroll.
6. Excellent communication skills and the ability to meet and deal effectively with employees.
7. Excellent data entry skills.
8. Performs electronic and manual filing.
9. Proven ability to operate a computer with word processing, spreadsheet, database and communication applications.
10. Works independently with minimal supervision.
11. Maintains strict confidentiality.
12. Strong organizational skills.
13. Must have understanding and knowledge of safe work practices.
14. Performs other job related duties as assigned.
1. Work is indoors in clean, well-lighted and heated buildings
2. Work can be stressful as there are time pressures and interruptions.
For further information regarding this position, please contact Theresa Montpellier, Manager of Human Resource Services at email@example.com
School District 8 supports equity hiring for Indigenous applicants.
*If you are experiencing any technical issues with your application
process to contact Make A Future's customer service line as HR cannot
upload or assist with these types of issues. We also cannot accept
documents via email such as cover letters/resumes/transcripts/teaching
reports via email as they do need to be part of the employee's Make a