Central Okanagan Public Schools (School District No. 23), Kelowna BC, provides education services to over 23,000 students in the communities of Peachland, West Kelowna, Kelowna, Lake Country and the Regional District of Central Okanagan. We invite applications for the position of:
This is full time continuing position starting as soon as possible, working 40 hours per week at a wage rate of $33.40 per hour, plus a comprehensive employee benefit package including extended health and dental coverage, short term and long term disability insurance and participation in a defined benefit pension plan.
Under the supervision of the Director of Operations or designate, this position will install, test, repair, and maintain electrical equipment and systems. This position may be required to start work at various project locations.
Successful applicants must have:
- completed Grade 12;
- a B.C. or Interprovincial Journeyman Electrician Ticket with commercial/institutional maintenance experience;
- certification as a Registered Fire Protection Technician with ASTT BC;
- one (1) year Electronic Technician Certificate;
- two (2) years experience as an electronics technician;
- experience in current BC construction/maintenance safety requirements and WorkSafeBC Regulation relating to the trade and industry;
- a valid B.C. Drivers License.
Applicants will be expected to:
- install, program, test and repair fire and intrusion alarm systems;
- be efficient with PA systems/media retrieval;
- have knowledge of current construction safety practices;
- possess the physical condition and health to carry out the required duties of this position;
- maintain good interpersonal and communication skills;
- be proficient with Microsoft outlook, word and excel and work order system;
- complete SD23 online safety training.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply online at www.makeafuture.ca with cover letter and a detailed resume, including three (3) professional references (names and phone numbers) and copies of certifications.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.