PROJECT MANAGER – MAJOR CAPITAL
The Greater Victoria School District (District) has over 52 separate buildings and 3.1 million ft2 (287,000 m2) of floor space housing over 20,000 students and 3,500 staff. Buildings range in age from over one hundred years and carrying heritage status to newer state of the art facilities, and span across five municipal jurisdictions.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Major Capital of Facilities, the Project Manager – Major Capital is responsible for managing major new construction and seismic upgrades of District schools.
The successful candidate will have ability to deal effectively with educators, contractors and other District staff, and with all work related contacts recognizing a diverse and complex client group. Applicants must demonstrate a thorough knowledge of project management, facility-related construction processes and procedures, relevant legislation and energy conservation measures.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of relevant post-secondary education in Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, and
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience including the supervision and coordination of professional employees, consultants and contractors, and including a minimum of 3 years managing major capital projects from inception to completion
- A Project Management Certification (PMP) is desirable
- Direct experience working effectively with stakeholders (District staff, parent groups, engineers and vendors) in a management and/or leadership role is desirable.
- Designation as a Professional Engineer by a provincial certifying body is preferred
The District offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please submit letter of introduction, résumé and references to:
Human Resource Services
Greater Victoria School District #61
556 Boleskine Road, Victoria, BC V8Z 1E8
or email: email@example.com
Deadline for submission is: Friday, August 21, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.
While School District 61 appreciates all applications received, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.