Pythagoras Academy is an exceptional independent school for students from Junior Kindergarten to Grade 8. Our school prides itself on a unique educational philosophy that champions the role of the Fine Arts. We believe in encouraging creativity in our students and consider it to be one of the most valuable and transferable core skills.
The candidate must have experience in teaching drama, dance, public speaking, and/or theatre production. Our Musical Theatre/Drama program offers opportunities for students to perform throughout the year and the chosen candidate will be responsible for directing these productions. They must demonstrate a capacity for arts leadership, including facilities and event management, directing staff, budget, and technology.
Contract: Full-time (1.0) (Maternity Leave)
Start Date: February 16th, 2021
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop student learning that incorporates the BC Curriculum;
- Include directing Musical Theatre/ Drama productions/concerts;
- Support students who need additional English Language Learner Support as well as students that require math enrichment activities;
- Work with students who need Social/Emotional learning support;
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to develop outstanding units of study;
- Assess student learning of content, skills nd big ideas within the Curriculum;
- Incorporate educational technology in the classroom;
- Create a safe and caring classroom environment.
- BC Teaching Certificate (or application stage);
- Experience in teaching drama, dance, public speaking and/ or theatre production;
- Bachelor’s degree in education;
- Strong communication skills in English, both spoken and written;
- Strong work ethic and professional commitment;
- Excellence in interpersonal skills;
- Canadian citizenship or Permanent Resident.
As an educator, you embody these qualities:
- Passion: you deeply enjoy the craft of educating, your focus is on inspiring your students.
- Technical knowledge: you are knowledgeable about how to help students to gain skills and a deeper understanding of concepts.
- Curiosity: you are a naturally curious person and you help to foster curiosity in your students.
- Innovation: your planning involves novel and engaging methods of instruction.
- Social-Emotional Intelligence: you are skilled at teaching in a way that helps students to feel safe to be themselves and to develop confidence.
Compensation: Pythagoras Academy teaching salaries are 5% above Richmond School Board salaries.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract