St. Ann’s Academy is the longest continuously running school in British Columbia. The school will be celebrating over 140 years of Catholic education. Located in the beautiful city of Kamloops, the school supports over 400 students between Kindergarten and Grade 12.
For the 2021 - 2022 school year, we are seeking a skilled, qualified candidate to join our team as a 1.0 FTE teacher in Grade 6. The position begins September 1st, 2021 and concludes June 30, 2022.
Preference will be given to candidates who possess:
• active membership in a Catholic parish
• commitment to excellence in Catholic education
• prior teaching experience in elementary classrooms
• experience using innovative teaching methods in both primary and intermediate classrooms, that may include remote learning experiences
• the ability to be flexible when faced with the ever-shifting needs of today’s
• a genuine sense of joy in teaching and learning
• experience teaching students and working alongside other staff in a diverse and dynamic class-room setting
• the ability to adapt learning opportunities to meet the needs of students
• a valid TRB certification
• the desire to provide leadership of extracurricular activities
For further information about the position, please contact Patrick Niwa at 250-372-5452 or at
Interested INTERNAL candidates should submit a cover letter noting their experience, an updated Pastoral Reference Form and resume. Please include the contact information of two (2) current professional references (one of which is from an immediate supervisor).
Interested EXTERNAL candidates should submit:
• a cover letter noting their experience, commitment to and philosophy of Catholic education;
• a CISKD Teacher application form along with its required supportive documentation; and,
• a Confidential Pastoral Reference Form, partially completed by a Catholic pastor for all Teacher applicants.
The CISKD Teacher application form and Confidential Pastoral Reference Form may be retrieved from www.ciskd.ca/careers. Please note that the Confidential Pastoral Reference Form is sent directly from the pastor to firstname.lastname@example.org. Completed applications with supporting documentation shall be submitted electronically in one PDF file to the CISKD Superintendent of Schools, Ms. H. Paluck, at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants in advance, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.