Central Okanagan Public Schools (School District No. 23), Kelowna BC, provides education services to over 22,000 students in the communities of Peachland, West Kelowna, Kelowna, Lake Country and the Regional District of Central Okanagan. We invite applications for the position of:
Plumber, Heating and Gas Fitter 'B'
Under the supervision of the Director of Operations or designate, this position is responsible to install, repair, and maintain plumbing, heating, HVAC systems at various locations.
Successful applicants will have:
- completed Grade 12;
- a B.C. or Inter-provincial Journeyman Plumber Ticket;
- Class 'B' Gas Ticket with Electrical Endorsement (EE);
- Cross Connection Control Certificate;
- two (2) years experience at a journeyman level in maintenance/construction practices and procedures in a commercial environment;
- demonstrated training and work experience in current BC construction/maintenance safety requirements and WorkSafeBC Regulation relating to the trade and industry;
- a valid B.C. Drivers License.
Applicants will be expected to:
- possess the physical condition and health to carry out the required duties of this position;
- maintain good interpersonal skills;
- have good verbal and written communication skills.
- be able to work alone or in a team environment with minimum supervision;
- be a self starter.
Please include a cover letter and a detailed resume, including three (3) professional references (names and phone numbers) and copies of your trade certificate(s) and Driver’s License.
PLEASE NOTE: This is an ongoing posting. Ongoing postings are not indicative of an immediate vacancy. This allows you to apply to this specific posting for future consideration.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.