The Maple Ridge - Pitt Meadows School District (SD42) is defined by a culture of excellence and is highly regarded for the quality of its education and its commitment to students. Innovation, educational choice and student success is at the heart of all SD42 efforts to support the learning needs of over 16,500 students. The school district has 22 elementary schools and 6 secondary schools and is governed by the Board of Education, comprised of seven elected Trustees.
The Maple Ridge - Pitt Meadows School District (SD42) has an opening for a Budget Manager. Reporting to the Assistant Secretary Treasurer, the Budget Manager is responsible for the preparation, development, presentation, and maintenance of the school district budget and budget reporting. This position researches and analyzes financial information to support sound budget decision making and processes changes to the budget with appropriate authorization. Provides support to budget owners, monitors performance against budget and pro-actively advises senior management of spending and revenue trends that need to be addressed in order to maintain a balanced budget.
The Ideal Candidate Will Demonstrate:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration, or a recognized accounting designation (CGA, CMA, CA).
- Five years of experience in budget preparation, public sector accounting and financial management at a senior level, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Strong communication, time management, organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills required.
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis in utilizing Excel. Previous experience using Atrieve software also an asset.
- Additional details outlined in the job description - For the Full Job Description, please click here.
This is a temporary full time position, effective August 1, 2021 to December 31, 2021, and may be extended dependent upon the return of the incumbent. The salary range for this position is $76,310 to $95,387 per annum. This posting will remain open until filled.
To apply, please click "apply online" below and submit your cover letter, resume, district application form and supporting documentation. The district appreciates the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about our School District please visit:
Our staff members are the foundation of our system. When you join our school district, you become part of a talented community of educators and support staff dedicated to enriching the lives of all students and helping them achieve success.