The Vancouver Board of Education (VSB) welcomes applications for the position of:
On-Call French Immersion teachers
Teach in B.C's most culturally diverse and urban school district, Vancouver School District No. 39. Set in one of the world's most livable cities, Vancouver is a community-minded district seeking talented educators, progressive leaders, and skilled support staff to enrich the learning experience of Vancouver's 50,000 students.
Vancouver has a thriving French Immersion program which includes fourteen elementary schools, four additional elementary schools offering Intensive French or Late French Immersion at the Gr. 6/7 level, and three high schools. There is a collaborative and engaged community of French Immersion teachers and principals/vice-principals. We offer ongoing professional development and mentors to support our teachers.
We are looking for teachers who are passionate about teaching French language and culture and are knowledgeable about best practices for second language acquisition. Native-like fluency in French is essential for this position. We are looking to hire On-Call teachers who are willing to accept long term teaching assignments.
Note: We require all our TTOC's to be available to work a minimum of 50% each month.
- Completion of a Bachelor of Education
Membership in or eligible to become a member in the Teacher Regulation Branch (www.bcteacherregulation.ca)
Registration with the Teacher Qualification Service
Native-like fluency in oral and written French
Ability to pass a French Immersion fluency assessment or have completed a long practicum in immersion
Good oral and written communication skills in English
Your application portfolio must include the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Academic Transcripts
- Recent Graduates require final Practicum Reports
- Experienced Teachers require a recent Teaching Evaluation (not lesson observations) within the past 8 years
- 3 Professional References-email and phone numbers
- Recent Graduates to include your Faculty Advisor, School Advisor(s) and one or more of the following: Principal, Vice principal or most recent previous employer
- Experienced Teachers to include current Principal, Vice Principal and previous Administrator(s)
** We do not accept friends or teaching colleagues as references**
- TRB (Teacher Regulation Branch) Certificate
- If your application is in process please provide a screen shot of the application, including the drop down menu of outstanding documents
Vous trouverez ci-dessous les instructions pour postuler à une offre d’emploi:
1. Créer un profil sur le site internet “Make a Future” (http://www.makeafuture.ca)
2. Une fois que vous avez completé votre profil, ajouter vos documents pertinents
3. Afin de postuler à un emploi, sélectionner “Regions and Districts, Metro Vancouver, Vancouver 39”, ensuite “Current Job Postings”
4. Sélectionner le poste souhaité envoyer votre candidature
5. Une fois votre candidature envoyée, vous receverez un couriel de “Make a Future” vous indiquant que celle-ci a bien été reçue
6. Nous vous invitons à consulter régulièrement le site internet “Make a Future” pour toute autre opportunité à venir
Please be informed, due to a high volume of applications, we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants or respond to inquiries regarding the status of an application. We will contact applicants directly if we are interested in moving forward or if an application requires additional information.
*The VSB has been given approval from the Human Rights Tribunal for a Special Program under s. 42(3) of the Human Rights Code. Under this special program, the VSB seeks to preferentially hire Aboriginal persons to a variety of teaching positions. Therefore, each applicant may wish to provide, on a voluntary basis, information whether she or he self-identifies as an Aboriginal person.