The Catholic Independent Schools of the Vancouver Archdiocese (the CISVA) operates 47 schools – 40 elementary and seven high schools. Our footprint extends over 250 kilometres, from Powell River in the west to Chilliwack in the east.
We are a culturally diverse faith-based family. We offer more than a place of work – we provide a call to your teaching vocation where you can work and live your faith in a supportive community. Many of our current teachers and principals are products of our school system – former graduates from the CISVA who continue to grow their spiritual and professional journey with us.
We are a vibrant school system with many school and program expansion projects in the future. We offer spiritual and professional growth and mentorship opportunities for new teachers to help them with their transition into the CISVA.
St. Jude School, a Catholic elementary school in Vancouver, is seeking a Gr. 2 Teacher for the 2020-21 school year. The successful candidate will:
- Be familiar with the Gr. 2 BC Curriculum and create unit plans that will promote a love of learning and develop the foundational academic skills that are needed for success in later years
- Be a practicing Catholic registered as a parishioner in BC Catholic parish
- Be able to teach with a Catholic Worldview and First Peoples Principles of Learning
- Be able to model the Catholic faith for students and staff
- Be able to teach the sacramental program of First Confession and First Holy Communion
- Be able to work with the Parish Prep Program to coordinate events between the Parish and the School
- Work well with others in delivering educational programs for students of diverse needs
- Have a working knowledge of reading instruction and be able to implement a successful reading program for students of different reading ability levels
- Be able to differentiate the curriculum to allow for the success of students
- Be able to use different digital technologies including SeeSaw, RazKids, Mathletics, and various iPad apps
- Have a working knowledge of how to coach Volleyball and Basketball and be willing to coach multiple teams throughout the year
- Have a strong desire to be a part of our school community and the greater CISVA community
Only those shortlisted for interviews will be contacted by school administration.
To apply for this job posting, please click the APPLY ONLINE button below to Register/Sign In. Questions regarding this job posting may be directed to the Principal, Chris van der Pauw - email@example.com.
To apply for this job please ensure that all the required documents are submitted and uploaded to your Make A Future Online Portfolio:
For the Catholic Pastoral Reference (for Catholic Applicants) and Non-Catholic Pastoral Reference you must download the appropriate form, provide to your Pastor for signing, and have them submit directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.