Settlement Worker in Schools Program
PART-TIME PERMANENT (Effective September 2020)
Burnaby, one of British Columbia’s most ethnically diverse urban school districts, is seeking applications for a qualified Settlement Worker interested in a regular, part-time, position.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary university degree or equivalent in human relations, social sciences, teaching, counselling or social work, plus a minimum of one year related work experience in a multicultural setting.
- Demonstrated experience with students and families in a K-12 educational setting in B.C., and cross-cultural competency and understanding of child development and youth issues.
- Thorough knowledge of immigration policies and settlement issues.
- Thorough knowledge of community and agency resources.
- Fluency in one or more of the following languages required: Tigrinya, Amharic or Oromo.
Qualified applicants should send their resumes by Friday, August 7, 2020 to:
Burnaby School District
Human Resources Department
5325 Kincaid Street, Burnaby, BC
*Please send application in ONE pdf document.
Only those applicants considered for interview will be contacted.