North Vancouver School District (NVSD) currently has full time or part time temporary contracts available for Registered Speech-Language Pathologists.
NVSD prides itself on world-class instruction and a rich diversity of engaging programs to inspire success for every student. For more information about NVSD, please visit our website (www.sd44.ca).
Applicants must have successfully completed a Master’s Degree in Speech Language Pathology, passed the SAC Clinical Certification Exam, and be a registered member with the College of Speech and Hearing Health Professionals of BC (CSHHPBC).
As a school SLP, the successful applicant would:
• provide a wide variety of speech/language-related services to students with many different needs
• assist with the development of Individualized Education Plans (IEPs)
• participate as a collaborative member of the school based team
• plan programs in response to student and family needs
• identifying students’ developmental speech and communication difficulties/disorders
The opportunity to work in the dynamic field of Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) is a possibility. As an AAC SLP, the successful applicant would:
• work with children designated in a low-incidence category, including those with difficulties with: vision, hearing, sensory processing, motor movements, chronic health
• provide support for students using a variety of AAC systems including low-tech, high-tech, and paper-based systems
• assist with the development of IEPs
• act as a District resource in the specialty area of AAC to provide input to
• provide a wide variety of AAC-related services to students with complex needs
Demonstrated experience in the areas above are an asset.
The following are also an asset:
• knowledge of the K-12 curriculum
• successful experience working in the public system
• assisting with the development of IEPs
• Membership with SAC and the BC Association of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists (BCASLPA)
NVSD is open to applications from new graduates. Mentorship opportunities are available.
For more information about the North Vancouver School District, please visit :http://www.makeafuture.ca/regions-districts/bc-public-school-districts/metro/north-Vancouver or www.sd44.ca.
The North Vancouver School District hires on a continual basis according to the needs of the District, and will contact applicants directly if forwarded for an interview.
Please be informed, due to a high volume of applications, we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants or inquiries regarding the status of application. We will contact applicants directly if we are interested in moving forward or if an application required additional information.