Applications are invited for the Principalship of Tahltan School, located in Telegraph Creek, British Columbia. Accessed via a 112 km dirt road from Dease Lake, this long, steep and windy road excites photographers and makes Telegraph Creek one of the most remote spots in British Columbia. Telegraph Creek is home to Canada’s Grand Canyon and some of the most spectacular salmon fishing in the world.
School District No. 87 (Stikine) is committed to its students. We strive to build human capacity and to have every interaction model leadership.
Tahltan School offers grades K to 9 for 25 students. The school staff has worked hard to develop a common purpose in order to provide the best opportunities for their students. The staff is a community of learners who maintain positive relationships with the Tahltan First Nation’s community.
School District No 87 offers relocation allowance upon arrival, annual personal travel allowances for employee and dependents living with them, a substantial professional development package and an excellent benefit package(100% medical, extended health, dental and group health insurance). We also supply modern accommodation at a reasonable rent. Please view our website at http://www.sd87.bc.ca/
We are seeking a leader who has strong communication and liaison skills and who is committed to excellence in education to support school and student growth. We welcome educators who have:
• personal attributes that include: integrity, consideration, courage, dedication and flexibility;
• an understanding of the elements of learning and formative assessment strategies;
• strong leadership, communication and managerial skills;
• a desire to learn from and work with First Nations students and community;
• a Masters Degree in education or enrollment in a graduate program;
• a desire to experience life in a rural, isolated community
• the ability and commitment to work collaboratively with students, staff, parents and the community.
Applications with supporting documentation including references, proof of B.C. certification and T.Q.S. should be submitted to:
Mike Gordon, Superintendent of Schools
School District No. 87 (Stikine)
PO Box 190
Dease Lake, BC V0C 1L0
***This posting will remain open until filled.