School District 67 Okanagan Skaha invites applicants for the position of Visual Language Interpreter. This is a Regular permanent position. The rate of pay for this position is $28.53 per hour. Education Assistants work only on days of student instruction (as defined in the school calendar). Successful candidates are subject to the terms of the Criminal Review Act.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications:
- Completion of Grade 12
- Graduate of an accredited Visual Language Interpreter Training Program (2 year program)
- Must be a member of the Association of Visual Language Interpreters of Canada or the Registry of Interpreters of the Deaf, Inc.
- Demonstrated ability to perform visual language interpretation in American Sign Language
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated computer literacy skills
- Demonstrated skill level to effectively assist students with grade appropriate curriculum material
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with students, employees and the public
- Four months recent successful experience working with children and/or adolescents, in structured programs or school settings
- Demonstrated skill to effectively assist students with grade appropriate curriculum material
- Demonstrated ability to deal positively and effectively with students, employees and the public
- Physical ability to perform all aspects of the job
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position and advise that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Interested candidates are invited to apply by submitting a resume and Support Services Application via email. Applications must include a minimum of two professional references.
Apply to: Cindy Byrd, Manager Human Resources
School District No. 67 (Okanagan Skaha)
See the Support Services Application form here: https://www.sd67.bc.ca/District/Departments/Human%20Resources/Pages/Employment.aspx#/=