The Burnaby School District is hiring for Casual, On-Call Custodians to work throughout the District in a variety of shifts (day, afternoon, graveyard and weekend shifts). The majority of shifts are 3:00-11:00 p.m.
Successful candidates require an understanding of standard cleaning procedures, as well as the use and application of chemicals, products and equipment.
The incumbent must have knowledge, skills & abilities in the following areas:
- Knowledge of Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System
- Ability to read and understand labels and instructions, particularly on the use and application of cleaning chemicals and products
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting with staff, students, parents and general public
- Ability to work as a team player with little or no supervision
- Physically capable of performing all assigned duties (includes walking, standing, stooping, reaching, lifting, moving furniture, and carrying equipment & materials)
- Ability to make decisions, solve problems and manage time effectively
Completion of Grade 12, a Building Service Worker (BSW) certificate and six months of relevant work experience is required.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, BSW Certificate and BSW Practicum Report through Make a Future (www.makeafuture.ca/burnaby) for consideration for this position.
Please note that in accordance with the Criminal Records Review Act, candidates not currently employed by the Burnaby Board of Education must sign a consent to permit a criminal record review and pay a $28 processing fee. Employment with the Burnaby Board of Education is subject to passing this criminal record review.
We thank all applicants for this position, however, only those individuals under consideration will be contacted.