Are you looking to work in a District that is committed to collaboration, mentorship, and creating inspiring educational experiences?
In the Delta School District we are committed to enabling all learners to succeed and contribute their full potential to the future.
Working for the Delta School District has many benefits:
- A Strong District Vision
- District commitment to engaging and innovative professional learning
- Internationally-researched, collaborative Framework for Enhanced Student Learning
- Small, relationship-focused District
- Networks of collaboration within and between schools
- Well-established Teacher Mentorship program
- Widespread teacher technology program
- Support from District Learning Services Team
- Teacher leadership opportunities (Coordinators of Inquiry, Mentors, etc)
- Pro-D opportunities
Term Specific to June 30, 2022 or return of incumbent
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Tsawwassen First Nation has requested that TFN students have the option of learning on the Lands.
The successful candidate will work on the TFN Lands, in collaboration with other teachers on the Lands, the Indigenous Education Department and the Tsawwassen First Nation Education Manager.
The person hired for this one-year, term specific, full-time position will be responsible for the following:
• Teaching a multi-age group of students (4-7) on the TFN Lands;
• Providing an educational environment rich in literacy and numeracy;
• Planning, organizing and executing experiential, place-based learning opportunities with a focus on Indigenous Worldviews and Perspectives;
• Proven leadership, organizational and communication skills and the ability to work as a member of a high-performance team;
• Facilitate participants’ developing self-identity: as individuals and as participants in a vibrant community;
• Equip TFN youth with requisite skills, knowledge, and experience to thrive in future academic environments ;
• Collaborating with other teachers and EAs on the Lands.
• Have some knowledge of trauma-informed practice
• Interested in implementing an outdoor learning component
WE THANK ALL APPLICANTS HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED