Surrey schools is currently hiring Psychologists to work in our every growing, changing and diverse District. Spread across one of the largest and fastest-growing cities in British Columbia, Surrey Schools is the city's second largest employer. Located on Canada's spectacular West Coast and nestled in the southwest corner of Green Timbers Urban Forest, we are just 30 minutes southeast of the city of Vancouver. Surrey Schools is the largest and fastest growing public school district in BC, and with 140 sites across 328km2, most of our staff are able to work close to home.
DESCRIPTION OF DISTRICT LEVEL DELIVERY MODEL
Teachers in the field will need:
- to be knowledgeable of current curriculum goals and instructional practices;
- to participate in on-going professional development/in-service in both regular and special education;
- to be committed to integration.
The School Psychologist consults with school-based, District and outside agency personnel and parents to:
- assist schools in the identification and planning process, at both the school and District levels, for
learners with special needs;
- provide information regarding the referral and placement process;
- offer suggestions/recommendations surrounding program planning;
- conduct psycho-educational assessments in accordance with District guidelines;
- meet with the school and the learner's parents to discuss the results of the psycho educational
- provide a written report for each assessment, available to the school, the District and the parents if
- attend School-based Team meetings;
- provide input and recommendations to district-level placement or placement review meetings.
MINIMUM ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE
- a Master's Degree or equivalent in School Psychology;
- eligibility for membership in the B.C. Association of School Psychologists (BCASP).
The personnel in this position are accountable in the execution of their assigned duties to a Director of Instruction.
Qualified applicants should apply by clicking "apply online" below. Please ensure to upload resume, cover letter, references and any supporting documentation. Position will remain open until filled.
Note: Only those persons selected for interviews will be contacted. To all others, thank you for your interest.