EXEMPT POSTING #02 (2017/18)
PRINCIPALSHIP OPPORTUNITIES FOR AUGUST 2017
The New Westminster School District is seeking dynamic leaders with proven records of exemplary teaching and leadership for consideration for upcoming vacancies. Short-listed candidates will be interviewed for the District Eligible Administrator Pool (“the Pool”). Successful candidates selected for the Pool will be assigned to specific schools depending upon available vacancies and the suitability of the candidates.
Positions in the Pool are available at the following levels:
Serving the community of New Westminster, the New Westminster School District provides high quality educational programs to over 7,000 students in a variety of learning environments. Located in the geographic centre of Metro Vancouver, New Westminster is a compact and growing urban centre with all the benefits of both city and small town life – ready access to a rich array of recreational and cultural pursuits, high quality public services, and the neighborly feel of a small community. Commitment to the success of its students and its staff makes New Westminster School District a great place to learn and to work.
DOCUMENTED QUALIFICATIONS MUST INCLUDE:
The successful applicant will meet the eligibility requirements of the B.C. School Act and will have:
- Ministry of Education Teacher Regulation Branch certification;
- Demonstrated excellence as a teacher and educational leader;
- A Masters degree from a recognized university; and,
- Successful experience as a Principal, Vice Principal or similar leadership role.
CANDIDATES MUST DEMONSTRATE LEADERSHIP IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- A commitment and demonstrated ability to create educational environments that are inclusive and focus on the comprehensive learning needs of all students;
- Implementing Ministry, District and School goals while establishing a culture of staff professional development directly related to student learning and achievement;
- Demonstrated leadership in learning evidenced by current knowledge of pedagogical best practices and the redesigned curriculum;
- Promoting a comprehensive range of learning opportunities for students, including social responsibility, fine and performing arts, athletics, global citizenship, and technology;
- Implementing innovative practices that lead to student success;
- Demonstrated commitment to personal accountability and professional growth;
- Demonstrated commitment to the role that public education can play in the success of individuals, communities, countries and the world;
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills as demonstrated by the ability to listen effectively and work collaboratively;
- Demonstrated ability to build effective teams and a sense of community, and to work effectively in a unionized environment;
- Knowledge of the change process;
- Demonstrated ability to plan with the end in mind and to remain focused on agreed-upon goals;
- A vision for the role of technology to amplify learning;
- Fluency in French would be an asset.
Educators who are interested in these principalship opportunities are invited to submit an application package which should include the following:
- Cover letter;
- Résumé (Include professional development activities and professional leadership accomplishments within the past three years);
- Philosophy Statement (your basic philosophy of education and school leadership) [limit to one page];
- Significant Demonstration of Leadership Statement [limit to one page]
- Identify one specific example of outstanding leadership and how that action impacted student learning;
- Copy of most recent Evaluation Performance Report (If no evaluation report is available, please include a detailed summary analysis of your work performance by your present principal or supervisor);
- Copy of Master’s Degree (or proof of current enrollment);
- Copy of BC Ministry of Education teacher card;
- List of three professional references
- Include current immediate supervisor
- Include signed authorization for District to contact references in addition to those provided and authorize so contacted to release information to the District.