"Our mission is to develop in a just, caring, and respectful environment, students who are independent and life-long learners, incorporating our community traditions and culture with the acquisition of skills needed to succeed in both the traditional and modern worlds".
Our School is located in the village of Bella Bella which is situated along the central coast of British Columbia in the midst of the Great Bear Rain forest. The village is surrounded by ocean and forest and an abundance of opportunities for residents to engage in hiking, boating, or fishing. As well, there are multiple opportunities to engage with the rich cultural traditions of the Heiltsuk. Bella Bella is a First Nations community accessible by daily flights from Vancouver’s south terminal and regular ferry service from Port Hardy and Prince Rupert. Although small, many amenities are available: coffee shop, hospital, pharmacy, grocery store, post office, church and other smaller shops. Bella Bella Community School has approximately 200 students and a full staff from K4 – 12.
The Bella Bella School Board is seeking a dynamic person with a Master's degree, a current BC College of Teacher's certification and some administrative experience to fill the position beginning Sept 27, 2018. The successful applicant will have education and extensive training and experience with MyEd and able to assume additional responsibilities attached to a K4 - 12 school.
An accomplished educator and leader, the successful applicant will engage staff, parents and the community at large in a collaborative effort to enhance student success at Bella Bella Community School and prepare its 200 K4- 12 students for a successful transition from graduation to post-secondary school.
The successful applicant will support and facilitate professional learning communities to raise literacy and numeracy levels while ensuring that key components of the mission statement are integral to professional practice and community traditions.
- A commitment and demonstrated ability to nurture a school culture that is inclusive of and focused on the learning needs of diverse learners
- Committed to meeting the unique needs of a diverse school community
- Willing to support the SEAS (Supporting Emerging Aboriginal Stewards) program and initiatives http://www.emergingstewards.org/
- Previous experience with managing an organization, a department, or a school
- Innovative ideas and experience in developing and supporting a positive, safe and caring school climate
- Willing to embrace the mission statement as a framework for meeting the educational needs of students enrolled at BBCS
- Committed to supporting or leading initiatives with a goal to raise the success rate of BBCS students
- Competitive benefits package
- Subsidized furnished accommodation
- Relocation allowance
- Signing bonus
- One round trip airfare to Vancouver per school year
- Bonus sick day package
The Application Process
For further information regarding this opportunity or if you would like to chat about the community and position please contact Kamal Fichtali, Superintendent, at 250 957 2322, (cell) or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications must include a complete resume, cover letter, teaching or administrator reports, copy of current BC teacher certification, a copy of official transcripts indicating degree(s) earned and three (recent, supervisory) references, with permission for the search committee to contact each in confidence. Successful completion of a criminal record search is required. Email package to: email@example.com
Applications will be received until the position is filled.
Only those applicants short-listed for an interview will be contacted