The Maple Ridge - Pitt Meadows School District (SD42) is defined by a culture of excellence and is highly regarded for the quality of its education and its commitment to students. Innovation, educational choice and student success is at the heart of all SD42 efforts to support the learning needs of over 17,500 students. The school district has 22 elementary schools and 6 secondary schools and is governed by the Board of Education, comprised of 7 elected Trustees.
SD42 is looking for a qualified candidates who are interested in working as Casual General Clerks in our District. The General Clerk performs a variety of routine clerical duties related to the administration of a school, library and/or office, under the direction of the school principal or site-based Manager. This position acts as a representative of the school and as a general liaison between the school and students, parents, teachers-on-call and the general public.
The applicant will possess:
- Successful completion of Grade 12 with course emphasis on business practices and procedures or one (1) year training and experience in office and clerical routine.
- Proficiency with office equipment, personal computers, web browsers and a variety of software packages including word processing, spreadsheets and database applications with keyboard skills at a minimum of 40 net wpm with a high degree of accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and harmoniously with staff, students, parents, contractors and visitors.
- Demonstrated ability to work at the level of independence and with the degree of initiative appropriate to the position.
Consistent availability for work five days per week (Monday to Friday) combined with the ability to travel to any school within the District (from Pitt Meadows to Whonnock), is a requirement of this position. This position is casual (on call) with no guarantee of hours.
The Rate of Pay is $22.97/per hour + 12% in lieu of benefits. To apply, please forward
your cover letter, resume and supporting documentation to email@example.com.
In your application, please include your:
- Resume and Cover Letter (preferably in PDF format)
- All Supporting Documentation
For more information about our School District please visit:
Our staff members are the foundation of our system. When you join our school district, you become part of a talented community of educators and support staff dedicated to enriching the lives of all students and helping them achieve success.