High School Language Arts/Drama Teacher (Part Time)
Lowell High School is an IB World and which is an inclusive and progressive independent high school offering the graduation program leading to the BC Dogwood Diploma and IB Diploma.
START DATE: February 2021
LOCATION: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Language Arts 11 and Drama 10
The ideal candidate will:
- present qualifications and demonstrated ability to teach at the secondary level.
- exhibit an understanding of international student learners.
- be a positive, flexible, adaptable individual committed to student-centered teaching.
- demonstrate awareness of the new BC curriculum requirements, and the appropriate application of performance standards.
- demonstrate a willingness to work with a group of professionals to collaborate regarding curriculum, assessment, instruction and planning.
- be a communicator, with strong interpersonal skills and an ability to create effective working relationships with colleagues and students.
- BC certified teacher (TRB); or must be immediately eligible for certification.
- Up-to-date Criminal Record Check
- Modern Curriculum / Inquiry Based instruction.
- Experience as a teacher of ELL learners.
- A keen willingness to support young learners 15 - 20 years old.
- Competitive salary
- MSP & Benefits
To apply, please send the following application package:
- Cover Letter and Resume
- Proof of valid BC Teacher Certification – This will be required prior to
the offer of a contract – visit BC Teacher Regulation Branch for details teacherregulation.gov.bc.ca
Submit Application To:
Mr. Yvan Zebroff – Head of School, Lowell High School
Lowell High School celebrates and embraces diversity and wants to build a truly international faculty. We invite teachers from all cultural, ethnic and national backgrounds to apply for this position.