School District 51 operates on a four-day week calendar, and is committed to the success of its students and its staff, which makes the Boundary District a great place to learn, work and live.
School District No. 51 (Boundary) provides high quality educational programs to over 1200 students in a variety of learning environments. Located in the West Kootenay/ Boundary area, the District is surrounded by pristine lakes, rivers and outdoor opportunities. Recreational and cultural pursuits are readily accessible, and Grand Forks is within a short driving distance to urban areas and airports such as Kelowna and Spokane.
We are currently looking for teachers on call. You must be B.C. certified and in good standing with the Teacher Regulation Branch.
The successful applicants must possess the following:
• A certificate of qualification issued under the Teachers Act;
• A Bachelor of Education or equivalent;
• Recent successful teaching experience and/or training at the primary level.
• Knowledge and understanding of Indigenous culture, history and communities;
• Willingness to integrate appropriate Indigenous content and resources into educational programs;
• Demonstrated strong classroom management skills;
• Have a working understanding of the revised BC curriculum;
• Have a demonstrated successful ability to use technology as a tool to enhance and support learning;
• Be willing to work collaboratively on a team that is committed to the principles of a learner-focused education system;
• Willing to work collaboratively toward improving student achievement by actively supporting the strategies and structures in the School Growth Plans;
• Have a demonstrated successful ability to work with all students by embedding inclusive practices;
• Have a demonstrated successful ability to adapt the teaching process to individual student needs and learning styles;
• Have a demonstrated successful ability to provide a learning environment where all aspects of a student’s development are enhanced and extended;
• Have a demonstrated successful ability to communicate with parents, students and other teaching staff.
Temporary teaching on call involves short-notice calls (the night before or early morning) as well as pre-planned absences that would be booked in advance.
*References must have knowledge of the applicant's professional abilities; and, preferably have supervised their work.
School District 51 thanks all applicants for their interest in applying for this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.