The Catholic Independent Schools of the Diocese of Nelson (CISND), hosts six elementary schools, and one high school. The diocese is located in the beautiful Okanagan and Kootenay regions of British Columbia. We are committed to hiring qualified employees who are dedicated to education in the Roman Catholic tradition.
Angels Academy Childcare Centre
located in West Kelowna, BC at Our Lady of Lourdes Elementary School
invites applications at this time for:
ECE Certified Staff - immediate start
At Angels Academy Childcare Centre, our passionate team is committed to providing quality early learning care in an environment inspired by the Reggio Emilia Philosophy, BC Early Learning Framework and universal ECE practices. Our centre offers a day care program for children 2.5 to 5 years of age, a preschool program, and out of school care, while engaging parents with access to an all-in-one childcare app for daily updates and regular communication with their child's educator.
We are currently in need of ECE qualified care workers for immediate start to join our team. Angels Academy is dedicated to creating a setting that is welcoming, inclusive, creative, and safe. We are looking for people who hold a valid ECE or ECEA certificate, Child Care First Aid certificate, and willing to provide care for a variety of age groups. Knowledge of the principles of Reggio Emilia, Montessori, and BC Early Learning Framework is considered an asset.
Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate:
- Commitment to Catholic Education and teachings
- Identification with and participation in the life of a Catholic parish
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others
- Passion for continuous professional development and growth
- Contributions to developing ECE practices and advocating for the need for quality early learning
In order to be considered for any position with CISND and to ensure timely processing of your application, all required documents must be submitted with your application. Only qualified candidates will be contacted and incomplete applications will not be processed. DO NOT SUBMIT REFERENCE LETTERS.
The following must be included during your application process:
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Certificates, Licences, relevant memberships in professional or technical associations
- CISND Pastoral Reference form
- For Catholic applicants: certificate of Baptism or RCIA certificate; if married, a copy of Catholic Marriage certificate
As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required provide or complete a valid Criminal Record Check and complete Diocesan Safe Environment training.