Information Technology - Support Specialist
Nanaimo Ladysmith Public Schools is seeking an IT Support Specialist within the Information Technology Department. This is an opportunity to work with a forward-thinking School District that, together with families and communities, empowers all students to become healthy, confident, life-long learners and socially conscious citizens. The position also provides excellent benefits and a supportive work environment that encourages teamwork and personal growth.
- Assist technology users at District sites with problem-solving to determine source of software or hardware problems and perform appropriate repairs or modifications as necessary while protecting the integrity and confidentiality of District information.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot and test computer systems software, applications and hardware for workstations and network servers in curriculum and administrative settings.
- Assist with planning, estimating and recommending of technology changes and improvements to maximize the efficient and effective application of technology and associated systems and facilities.
- Assist with the development and implementation of system management and security policies and procedures, as required.
- Prepare and maintain reference libraries for all installations, configurations, user manuals, procedures and other pertinent documentation and records, as required.
- Liaise with students, as required, and with school-based and District staff to articulate, troubleshoot, and resolve technology troubles.
- Direct, advise or assist other District staff or students, as required.
Your Qualifications, Education and Experience
- High school graduation or the equivalent
- Minimum of two years post-secondary education in computer related disciplines and/or two year certification from an accredited institute
- Substantial completion of the Microsoft Systems Engineer Certification
- Minimum of three years experience supporting Microsoft IT systems, peripherals, applications in MS Windows-based, local area network environments or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Demonstrated ability/aptitude to work with detail, precision and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines with minimum supervision
- Good Interpersonal and communication skills
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver's license
Work, Live & Play in Nanaimo!
Ladysmith Public Schools employs more than 2,000 professionals, all committed to
the education of our nearly 15,000 students. All members of our staff are integral
to our excellent education system & our positive workplaces, supporting our
district goals of: meeting each student's unique needs, continuous improvement of
instruction and assessment and enhanced facilities for learning.
is centrally located on the east coast of Vancouver Island. We boast the best climate
in Canada, are surrounded by some of the most beautiful wilderness in the world
and enjoy excellent year‐round recreational & cultural amenities. As a hub city,
we have ready access to all of Vancouver Island, the Gulf Islands and the Lower
Mainland. Learn more about who we are and what we offer on our website at www.sd68.bc.ca.
How to apply
Applications should include a cover letter, a detailed personal résumé, contact information for three professional references and any other relevant supporting documentation. This job posting will be open until a successful candidate is found.
Please create a profile on “Make a Future” and submit your application to the job posting by clicking the “APPLY” button.
Please note: Nanaimo Ladysmith Public Schools thanks all applicants for their interest in working with us, however, only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
If you have questions or require assistance with this application
process, please contact the Customer Care department at MakeAFuture at 1
866 806 6851 or firstname.lastname@example.org