On an on-going basis, we accept teacher applications for grade levels K to 12 for our Catholic schools throughout the Greater Vancouver Area and Powell River in beautiful British Columbia. All Catholics, non-Catholics, new education grads, and experienced teachers from across Canada are strongly encouraged to apply. Our major hiring season is in April for the following school year, but we recommend that you apply in advance as we receive an influx of applications.
Who We Are
The Catholic Independent Schools of the Vancouver Archdiocese (the CISVA) operates 46 schools – 40 elementary and 6 high schools. Our schools are located throughout the Greater Vancouver Area, near the best sites and attractions that Vancouver and British Columbia has to offer. Our footprint extends over 250 kilometers from Powell River in the west to Chilliwack in the east.
We are a culturally diverse faith-based family. We offer more than a place of work – we provide a call to your teaching vocation where you can work and live your faith in a supportive community.
We are a vibrant school system with many school and program expansion projects in the future. We offer spiritual and professional growth and mentorship opportunities for new teachers to help them with their transition into the CISVA.
Why Teach with CISVA?
- Teach in a faith-based and culturally diverse school environment
- Classroom available upon hire. Not necessary to sit on TOC list. However, we have these opportunities as well.
- Mentorship and monthly opportunities for professional development
- Competitive salary and excellent Benefits Package, including CPP, Extended Medical, Dental
- School located throughout the Greater Vancouver Area and Powell River, close to the beauty and adventure that British Columbia has to offer
- If you live outside of the Greater Vancouver Area, learn more about claiming moving expenses on your next tax return
Are you someone who:
- Has a passion and background in education
- Is excited to teach in a faith-based school environment
- Desires to make a positive impact in the lives of young students
- Is willing and capable of working collaboratively with other teachers, Learning Resource teachers, Education Assistants, parents, and fellow teachers and staff members
- Has competency with online platforms and technology
Does this sound like you? Apply today.
How to Apply:
- Create your applicant profile in Make a Future
- Complete and add all the required application documents on your profile
- Apply to this job posting
Did you know? If you are currently an education student, who is graduating in Spring 2021, you can upload your documents as you receive them and still apply for this job posting.
Required Application Documents
For the Catholic Pastoral Reference (for Catholic Applicants) and Non-Catholic Pastoral Reference you must download the appropriate form, provide to your Pastor for signing, and have them submit directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.