Driven by our desire to help students thrive in their academic and personal lives, the Saanich School District provides quality educational programs and a safe and nurturing learning environment for the over 7,000 culturally diverse students within its 18 schools. Serving the Saanich Peninsula located just north of Victoria, BC, the district has one of the highest graduation rates in the province and a student body that consistently scores well on annual assessment tests, thanks in large part to the dedication and efforts of our 900 teaching and support staff.
Under limited direction of the School Administrator(s), manages student data on the school-based administrative network to meet School, District and Ministry requirements, provides support to school based personnel for use of the school administrative system and other related software.
- Sets up and manages security of the school administrative data system ensuring data confidentiality and system integrity
- Under direction of Administrator(s) creates complex timetables for staff and students
- Coordinates and manages the electronic transfer of student grades from teachers
- Liaises with Admin Team/Counselling Team to resolve student issues (e.g. timetable, graduation requirements)
- Enters, manages, verifies and responds to queries about all school based student data (e.g. Ministry requirements, Graduation requirements, report cards, timetables, PR cards, attendance) for all reporting processes using the administrative computing systems
- Provides recommendations for system development and implementing changes on student data system; coordinating changes with the district office and/or feeder schools(s)
- Compiles, extracts, develops and generates data reports electronically between schools, the district and the ministry
- Supports staff on a range of software applications and creates instructional memos for staff use
- Generates and customizes computer forms and reports using a wide range of software programs
- Troubleshoots software problems
- Prepares complex documents, reports and correspondence
- Maintains regular back-ups and is responsible for archival database for the school
- Provides record of incoming/outgoing students
* Performs other assigned duties that are within the area of knowledge and skills required by the job description.
- Grade 12
- Four years’ related experience, at least two of which must be using a school-based administrative software system
- Certificate in Office Administration
- Experience or training in the use and support of school based student information systems
- Minimum word processing speed of 50 W.P.M.
- Working knowledge of Ministry requirements for 1701 Data Collection and District/School Reporting processes
- Working knowledge of BC Graduation Requirements
* Or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Demonstrated ability to continually adapt to changing technical environments, organizational cultures and Ministry and District requirements
- Demonstrated effective communication skills
- Proficiency with database applications, word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Ability and aptitude to work with detail, precision and accuracy
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information as it relates to school operations and student information
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet workload deadlines
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
To apply please register with Make a Future or to send us your application via email, please visit www.sd63.bc.ca/careers for contact details. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.