Capital Projects Coordinator
Nanaimo Ladysmith Public Schools, together with families and communities, enable all students to become life‐long learners and productive, caring citizens by providing inclusive, challenging and engaging educational opportunities through the continuous improvements of instruction and supports for learning.
Capital Projects Coordinator - Your Role
Under the direction of the Director of Facilities, or designate, you will coordinate the planning, design, tendering, construction supervision, commissioning, and warranty of assigned capital construction projects, liaising with the Ministry and the various regulatory agencies regarding assigned projects.
The Capital Projects Coordinator provides a coordinated and integrated array of support services that includes Acting as the Owner’s representative for the purpose of inspecting work to ensure compliance and workmanship. You will coordinate School-Based Building Committees regarding planning and design of projects advising on the budget, scope, District and Ministry policies and standards. While assisting the Director in the preparation of Capital plans you will manage assigned projects to completion, including liaising with staff, stakeholders and regulatory agencies, reviewing documents, administering contracts, budgeting-reporting, tracking and monitoring progress of projects and change orders for appropriateness.
Your Experience, Education and Skills
- High school graduation or equivalent.
- Technologist or Technician certification in a related field, with a minimum of five (5) years experience in construction, and a minimum of three (3) years experience in project management - or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical and logical problem solving ability.
- Good computer skills - (word processor, spreadsheet, etc.)
- Valid BC driver's license.
Please note: This posting will be open until a successful Candidate is found
How to apply:
Please apply via www.makeafuture.ca/nanaimo-ladysmith
Please note to submit your application to the actual job posting you must click onto the job posting, then click the “APPLY” button.
If you have questions or require assistance with this application
process, please contact the Customer Care department at MakeAFuture at 1
866 806 6851 or firstname.lastname@example.org