Set in one of the world’s most livable cities, Vancouver is a community-minded district seeking talented educators, progressive leaders, and skilled support staff to enrich the learning experience of Vancouver’s 50,000 students.
The Vancouver Board of Education welcomes applications for:
Hourly Rate: $22.25 plus 14% in lieu of benefits (total = $25.37/hour)
We are currently seeking individuals who are interested in on-call custodial work with the Vancouver Board of Education. Strong communication skills and the ability to work independently and as a team member are essential. This position is on-call, but is busy throughout the year.
Candidates must be available to work Monday to Friday for any shifts (e.g. day, afternoon or graveyard shift). Please note that majority of the shifts are afternoon (2:30 pm to 10:30 pm) and graveyard (11:00 pm to 7:00 am). In addition, during the summer, winter and march breaks there are day shifts (7:30 am to 3:30 pm).
- Completion of grade 12
- Building Service Worker Certificate
- Up to one (1) year experience in custodial/janitor work
- Must be flexible and accept assignments on short notice
Your application must include:
- Cover letter
- Contact information for three supervisor references. Must include phone numbers and email addresses
- Uploaded copy of your Building Service Worker Certificate (must be included to complete this application)
How to apply:
1. Create a profile on Make a Future https://sd39-makeafuture.simplication.com/WLSBLogin.aspx under the category, “ECE, EA/TA/ERW, Clerical, Secretarial, Administrative, Custodians, etc.”
2. Log in and search for this ad again. Click "Apply Now". Apply and upload all supporting documents and answer the job posting questions.
3. An email will be sent to you confirming that your application has been received.
Please be informed, due to a high volume of applications, we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants or respond to inquiries regarding the status of an application. We will contact applicants directly if we are interested in moving forward or if an application requires additional information.
If you have any difficulties applying through the Make a Future website, email your resume, cover letter, and scanned copy of your BSW certificate to Michelle Peacock, VSB Recruitment (email@example.com)