ON-CALL OPPORTUNITY: Early Childhood Educator @ SȽEȽEMW̱ Child Development Centre
The WSÁNEĆ School Board and the SȽEȽMW̱ Child Development Center is situated in the heart of the WSÁNEĆ traditional territories, north of Victoria, B.C. Visit our website at “wsanecschoolboard.ca” for more information.
Responsible to provide age appropriate programming, guidance, gross and fine motor activities, intellectual and emotional opportunities and will be familiar with Ages and Stages Questionnaires.
Works under the direction of the Director of SȽEȽMW̱ Child Development Center.
- Maintain knowledge of, follows, and ensure implementation of all Child Care Licensing Regulations and WSB policies.
- Assist in planning and implementing daily indoor and outdoor activities, experiences and routines.
- Promote the development of self-help skills and good health and safety habits.
- Keep records of relevant information including anecdotal notes and observation of the children
- Read and record information recorded in the Communication book.
- Participate in daily duties, e.g. supervision of cleanup, toileting routines, lunchtime, outdoor play and naptime.
- Must have a License to Practice Early Childhood Educator
- One year related experience
- Valid Child First Aid Certificate, CPR Certificate, Criminal Record Check and BC Class 5 Driver’s License
- Experience working with First Nations children and/or in a First Nations setting is an asset
Preference will be given to First Nations Ancestry
Salary: $17.22 per hr. (base rate)
Please submit the following:
- Cover letter
- Three (3) Professional References (names, phone numbers and email addresses)
- Copy of ECE Certification and other valid certificates
Submit application package to:
Rebecca Clifford, HR Manager
7449 West Saanich Road
PO Box 368
BRENTWOOD BAY, B.C. V8M 1R3
Tel: 250-652-2313, Ext. 224
Application Deadline: ON-GOING