We are currently accepting applications for our Elementary and Secondary Principal and Vice Principal Eligibility Pools
Share your expertise and enhance the educational leadership at Nanaimo Ladysmith Public Schools.
As part of a progressive and innovative educational leadership team, we are seeking a select number of Elementary and Secondary Principals and Vice Principals for our eligibility pools. If you embody the core values of integrity, respect and diversity and employ best practice instructional strategies based on a student centered approach to leadership, please submit your candidacy. Successful applicants will remain in the eligible candidate pool for a two-year period.
Education, Experience and Abilities
- Master’s Degree in Administration, Educational Leadership, Curriculum or other relevant area;
- Valid Certificate of Qualification issued by the Teacher Regulation Branch (TRB) of the BC Ministry of Education or eligibility for qualification;
- Knowledge of current instructional improvement trends such as Response To Intervention (RTI), Self-Regulated Learning and Inquiry-Based Learning;
- Successful teaching and school-based leadership experience;
- Knowledge of and practical expertise in program development and evaluation;
- Proven ability to engage and manage teachers and support staff;
- Pro-active approach to the needs, issues and problems in education;
- Superior interpersonal, communication and conflict resolution skills;
- Ability to plan and organize effectively;
- Enthusiasm, energy and the ability to work as part of an accountable district-wide administrative team.
Work, Live & Play in Nanaimo!
Nanaimo Ladysmith Public Schools employs more than 2,000 professionals, all committed to the education of our nearly 14,000 students. All members of our staff are integral to our excellent education system & our positive workplaces, supporting our district goals of: meeting each student's unique needs, continuous improvement of instruction and assessment and enhanced facilities for learning.
Nanaimo is centrally located on the east coast of Vancouver Island. We boast the best climate in Canada, are surrounded by some of the most beautiful wilderness in the world and enjoy excellent year‐round recreational & cultural amenities. As a hub city, we have ready access to all of Vancouver Island, the Gulf Islands and the Lower Mainland. Learn more about who we are and what we offer on our website at www.sd68.bc.ca.
How to apply:
Please note to submit your application to the actual job posting you must click onto the job posting, then click the “APPLY” button.