Burnaby is seeking a school-based leader who has a track record of success and experience working in an urban, culturally diverse community. As a member of the district’s leadership team, the BCSD Vice-Principal has the primary responsibility for implementing, managing, and supervising a wide range of educational and support services for students enrolled in the provincial school for the deaf. The Vice-Principal will work closely with the administrative teams at Burnaby South Secondary and South Slope Elementary to share responsibilities for the overall operation of the schools.
Preference will be given to an applicant who possesses the following qualifications:
- graduate level training in an area such as administration, program and curriculum development and supervision of instruction. Candidates must have a Master’s Degree in Education of the Deaf and be fluent in sign language.
- eligibility for membership in the B.C. College of Teachers
- demonstrated leadership experience, ability, and commitment to working as a member of the district’s instructional leadership team
- demonstrated ability in program, curriculum and staff development
- demonstrated ability in effective personnel supervision, communications and human relations
- demonstrated knowledge of current educational trends, educational methods, and the use of technology to enhance instruction
- demonstrated skills in community involvement and public relations, including the ability to work cooperatively with parents, professionals and community service agencies
- recent, successful and relevant teaching and leadership experience with a focus on the redesigned curriculum and personalized learning
- integrating BCSD programs with other District programs to maximize learning opportunities for students
- scheduling integrated programs and monitoring student progress in multiple schools by using administrative tools in MyEducationBC
- developing Transition Programs that enable students to explore careers, post-secondary education, and other community services
- May include teacher responsibilities
Please provide a detailed résumé including professional credentials, statement of educational philosophy and three current letters of professional reference (2021).We ask that a full application for this position be submitted by 4:00 pm Friday, July 30, 2021 to: makeafuture.ca (SUBJECT: Vice Principal, BCSD).
The Burnaby School District embraces diversity as a privilege and a strength. We strive for accepting, safe, supportive, and inviting communities where the goal is for all members to feel a sense of belonging. Our (schools or worksites) are for everyone and we respect each person’s contributions.