The Catholic Independent Schools of the Diocese of Nelson (CISND), hosts six elementary schools, and one high school. The diocese is located in the beautiful Okanagan and Kootenay regions of British Columbia. We are committed to hiring qualified employees who are dedicated to education in the Roman Catholic tradition.
St. Mary's Elementary School in Cranbrook, BC invites applications at this time for:
1 After School Support Worker
Application deadline: Until position filled
DEMONSTRATED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Able to provide a warm, caring learning environment
- Flexible to changing needs of the program and children
- Able to work successfully in a team environment
- Problem solving and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
Preference will be given to candidates with the following qualifications:
- Commitment to Catholic Education
- Identification with and participation in the life of a Catholic parish (preferred)
- Training specific to the role (Early Childhood Educator preferred)
- Successful Early Childhood Education experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to use discretion when dealing with confidential matters
- Ability to work well with children, colleagues, and administration
- First Aid Training Certificate
In order to be considered for any position with CISND, the application must be complete. If you are not able to provide the documentation provide a reason in your cover letter. Do not submit reference letters.
The following is to be included in your application:
- Cover letter
- Resume include list of special certificates, licenses, honours and awards (related to position).
- Post Secondary Transcripts (related to the position).
- Evaluation report from employer/practicum supervisor.
- CISND Pastoral Reference form
- Catholic applicants must provide:
- Certificate of Catholic baptism, or RCIA Certificate.
- Certificate of Catholic marriage, if applicable.
As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to submit the following:
- Photocopy of Canadian Birth Certificate or Canadian Passport (documentation to indicate you are legally entitled to work in Canada).
- Social Insurance Number
- Photocopy of Driver's License