Indigenous Youth Engagement Support Worker July 15, 2021
TEMPORARY Full-time (September 2021 – June 2022) - 35 hours/week.
The Burnaby School District is seeking a skilled, enthusiastic individual who enjoys challenges, seizes opportunities and wants to make a difference, to join our Indigenous Youth Engagement Support team. The successful applicant will mentor and support Indigenous youth to identify and access the necessary district and community support programs providing direct support to students in relation to their individual social, emotional and learning needs.
Applicants must possess:
- Post-secondary degree in human relations, community and cultural relations or social sciences.
- Two years’ experience in community and cultural relations or relevant field.
- Thorough knowledge of Indigenous cultures.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to employ preventative or intervening behavior management strategies.
- Preference may be given to candidates of Indigenous ancestry.
Qualified applicants should send their resumes by Friday, August 20, 2021 to:
Human Resources Department
School District 41 – Burnaby
5325 Kincaid Street, Burnaby, BC V5G 1W2
Email to: email@example.com
**Please submit your application in ‘ONE’ pdf document.
Only those applicants considered for interview will be contacted.