A Great Place to Learn!
School District No. 22 (Vernon) is currently accepting applications for casual custodians to join our on call list. This open posting does not indicate an immediate vacancy, but will allow you to apply now should future positions come up. These positions could possibly lead to full time work.
Under the supervision of the Supervisor of Custodial Services/Head Custodian, clean and maintain District facilities and ensure building security.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Clean District facilities and contents using a variety of equipment, chemical products and cleaning apparatus.
- Ensure Occupational Health and Safety and WHIMIS regulations are followed.
- Replenish consumables and perform minor maintenance, such as changing light bulbs, unplugging toilets, etc.
- Clean up bodily fluids in accordance with district policy and infectious control measures.
- Remove snow, ice and garbage.
- Responsible for building security including checking and securing buildings and setting alarms, monitoring activities in the building, set up for functions, respond to requests to access rooms and monitor building systems and safety equipment.
- Communicate with students, staff and others and respond to inquiries and provide general information.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Should have knowledge of commercial building cleaning methods
- Must be able to understand and effectively carry out oral and written instructions
- Must be physically able to do all aspects of the job.
This position is unionized, CUPE Local 5523 and the hourly rate of pay is $22.73 plus 9% in lieu of vacation pay and statutory holidays.
While all applicants will be considered, preference will be given to qualified applicants who self-declare Indigenous ancestry.