** Educational Psychologist - 0.4 FTE Continuing **
Teach in BC’s most culturally diverse and urban school district, Vancouver School District No. 39. Set in one of the world’s most livable cities, Vancouver is a community-minded district seeking talented educators, progressive leaders, and skilled support staff to enrich the learning experience of Vancouver’s 50,000 students.
The District welcomes qualified applicants who value equity and diversity as essential to excellence. The distinct makeup of the VSB community strives to support the inclusion of all voices. You may wish to share some lived experiences that demonstrate your connections to our diverse student community.
Teacher psychologist are responsible for the psycho-educational assessment of students in the district. They work collaboratively with school-based teams to determine appropriate assessment requests. They are also responsible for developing program strategies and modifications based on their assessment results, suggesting support activities to ensure the inclusion of diverse learners, producing a written report in a timely fashion and reporting out to teams and families.
- Master's degree in School and/or Educational Psychology
- Certified or able to be certified by B.C. Association of School Psychologists and/or College of Psychologists
- Successful classroom teaching is an asset
Your application portfolio must include the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Academic Transcripts
- Recent Graduates require final Practicum Reports
- Experienced Teachers require a recent Teaching Evaluation (not lesson observations) within the past 8 years
- 3 Professional References-email and phone numbers
- Recent Graduates to include your Faculty Advisor, School Advisor(s) and one or more of the following: Principal, Vice principal or most recent previous employer
- Experienced Teachers to include current Principal, Vice Principal and previous Administrator(s)
** We do not accept friends or teaching colleagues as references**
- TCB (Teacher Certification Branch) Status:
- If your application is in process, please provide a screenshot of the application, including the drop down menu of outstanding documents
We do not notify unsuccessful applicants or respond to inquiries regarding the status of an application.
We will contact applicants directly if we are interested in moving forward or if an application requires additional information.
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Register on Make a Future: http://www.makeafuture.ca/ and create a profile under the Category "Teachers, Principals & Superintendents"
2. Click on Job Postings the click Search
3. Select the Job you would like to apply for
4. Answer the job posting questions then click Apply
5. Upload supporting documents to the Competition
6. Once you submit your application you will receive a confirmation email from Make a Future
*The VBE has been given approval from the Human Rights Tribunal for a Special Program under s. 42(3) of the Human Rights Code. Under this special program, the VBE seeks to preferentially hire Indigenous persons to a variety of teaching positions. Therefore, each applicant may wish to provide, on a voluntary basis, information whether they self-identify as an Indigenous person.*