We are currently accepting applications for Elementary and Secondary French Immersion Teachers Teaching On Call (TTOC)
Nanaimo Ladysmith Public Schools currently requires French Immersion TTOCs to fill various vacancies at the Elementary and Secondary School level across the District. These TTOCs may also be called to fill in at English schools, should the need arise.
Elementary/Secondary School French Immersion TTOCs perform some or all of the following duties:
- Provide instruction in accordance with the BC’s Curriculum
- Teach students using a multi-media instructional approach to systematic plan of lessons,
discussions, and experiences in and out of the classroom
- Lead students in activities to promote their self-awareness of and self-assessment of
- Embed Indigenous ways of knowing and learning in instructional approach.
- Create learning environments where each learner, especially Indigenous learners, experience high and motivating expectations for their learning; and are confident and have a strong sense of belonging
- Assess students according to NLPS Assessment Guidelines and report student progress
according to NLPS Reporting Guidelines as well as Ministry reporting standards
- Identify diverse needs within the classroom and provide differentiated instruction
according to NLPS Inclusion Policy
- Supervise Educational Assistants and support Pre-Service Teachers on occasion
- Support and participate in inquiry-based learning
- Support the development of school plans/goals
- Professional Certification through the BC Teacher Regulation Branch
Education and Training
A Bachelor's Degree in Education is required.
- The District assesses the applicant’s competency in oral and written French. Native-like fluency and inflection is required.
- Demonstrate a commitment to inclusion related actions
- Successful classroom teacher experience and/or pre-service
experience in a school setting (K-12)
- Training and/or experience with literacy and numeracy strategies
- Demonstrated proficiency to work collaboratively with colleagues
- Demonstrated ability to maintain skills through professional learning
- Knowledge and understanding of the effects of colonization within
the education system and its impact on teaching and learning in
- Experience integrating Indigenous perspectives into the curriculum
together with practicing Indigenous ways of teaching and learning
How to apply:
Please apply via www.makeafuture.ca/nanaimo-ladysmith
to submit your application to the actual job posting you must click onto the
job posting, then click the “APPLY” button.
Nanaimo Ladysmith Public Schools thanks all applicants for their interest in working in our District, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
If you have questions or require assistance with this application
process, please contact the Customer Care department at MakeAFuture at 1
866 806 6851 or email@example.com