School District 69 (Qualicum)
POTENTIAL TEACHING POSITIONS FOR SEPTEMBER 2017 IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Applied Skills (Technology Education)
- Applied Skills (Information Technology)
The assignment may change due to the itinerant nature of the position, or to meet the needs of the school’s educational program, grade organization, and/or enrolment.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Work collaboratively within a team teaching environment;
- Plan and deliver developmentally responsive learning experience which reflect the unique needs of learners in a secondary school context;
- Plan and implement effective student assessment in order to improve student learning and to ensure instructional practice which is responsive to student needs;
- Actively contribute to the success of the school growth plan and district achievement plan;
- Work collaboratively with staff members and communicate effectively with staff, students, and parents;
- Create an engaging, respectful and inclusive learning environment for students;
- Work in consultation with Learning Services teachers in the development, implementation and assessment of Individual Education Plans (IEPs) for students who require additional supports, adaptations, and/or modifications;
- Work in collaboration with the Learning Services Teacher to develop and monitor learning plans;
- Integrate use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to support teaching and learning, manage information and carry-out professional communication.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A valid BC Teaching Certificate and familiarity with the BC curriculum in the secondary level;
- A Teaching Degree at the secondary level with a Major in Technology Education;
- Experience teaching a variety of Technology Education including senior level Automotive and Mechanics courses at the secondary level.
All applications must highlight with supporting documents and transcripts, proof of qualifications and clearly quoting Job Number and must be received by 12:00 noon, Friday May 5, 2017.
Thank you in advance for your application. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. It is the responsibility of applicants to ensure their applications are received by 12:00 noon, Friday May 5, 2017.