SCHOOL DISTRICT #27 (CARIBOO-CHILCOTIN)
Posting #: S-2020-011 TEMPORARY
Position: EDUCATION ASSISTANT
Location: Chilcotin Road Elementary
10 mos., 22.50 hours/week.
Duration: Effective immediately, until the return of incumbent, but will not extend beyond June 25, 2020. The hours of this position may be reduced to accomodate the return of incumbent. The successful applicant will work under the supervision of the principal or vice principal of the school. The successful applicant will work under the direction of the classroom teacher. The hours of this position are Monday - Friday, 8:45am - 1:45pm.
Rate of Pay: Level 1: 24.48
Level 2: 27.21
- Completion of a recognized Education Assistant course
- Experience and/or training working with groups of children in a school or other educational setting
- Training and experience working with students with challenging behaviours
- Demonstrated ability to employ effective behavior management techniques
- Training and experience working with students with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Personal care for students
Duties Include, but are not limited to:
- under the direction of the teacher, providing educational assistance in learning activities for students
- working one-on-one and in small groups
Fringe benefits are as provided in the current Union Agreement. Union membership is a condition of employment.
New applicants are required to complete an “Application for Employment – Non-Teaching (External Applicant” form. This form can be obtained on-line by following the steps below:
Select the “Staff” tab from the top of the School District website page (www.sd27.bc.ca)
Select ‘Forms and Resources’
- Scroll down to the ‘Support Staff Application Forms (External Applicants)’ section.
Completed forms can be submitted in one of two ways:
Via email, as an attachment, to email@example.com
Drop off in person at the Board Office, located at 350 N. 2nd Avenue, Williams Lake.
School District No. 27 (Cariboo-Chilcotin) is an equal opportunity employer.