Set in one of the world’s most livable cities, Vancouver is a
community-minded district seeking talented educators, progressive leaders, and
skilled support staff to enrich the learning experience of Vancouver’s 50,000
Assistant Building Engineer 1 (ABE 1)
The Vancouver Board of Education invites applications for the
Assistant Building Engineering 1 position, which mostly involves cleaning and
some heating duties on the afternoon shift. Strong communication skills
and the ability to work independently and as a team member are
The job is 7.5 hours per day, with an annual salary of $47,097.18 plus an extensive
and comprehensive benefits plan (Extended Health, Dental, Defined Benefit
Pension Plan, etc).
Between September and June, the job is generally an afternoon
shift from 2:30-10:30 pm and includes a shift allowance. During July and
August, the work is during the day.
- Completion of
- A valid Power Engineer 4th or 5th Class or Boiler
Operator Certificate with Inter-Provincial Certification or higher
Your application profile must include the following:
- Cover Letter
- Email and phone contact of 3 References (Supervisors only)
- Scanned copy of
your Power Engineering/Boiler Operator Certificate
How to apply:
1. Create a profile on Make a Future https://sd39-makeafuture.simplication.com/WLSBLogin.aspx under the category, “ECE, EA/TA/ERW, Clerical, Secretarial, Administrative, Custodians, etc.”
2. Log in and search for this ad again. Click "Apply Now". Apply and upload all supporting documents and answer the job posting questions.
3. An email will be sent to you confirming that your application has been received.
**Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted**
If you have any difficulties applying through the Make a Future website, then please email your resume, cover letter, and scanned copy of your 4th or 5th class power engineering/boiler operator certificate to Michelle Peacock, VSB Recruitment (firstname.lastname@example.org)